Skylight shutters and diffuser dimming options
A Few things we can do if your skylight is too bright, placed in a bedroom where afternoon siestas are practiced or being located in any area where you need to have control over your free light.
1. Skylight diffuser option – We have 3 diffusers available with 3 varying light filtrations available.
- One is the prismatic skylight diffuser, which is the standard skylight diffuser and lets in the most amount of light (which is usually preferred)
- Second is the light Opal skylight diffuser, which has a smooth glass like appearance and has a light purple tint throughout.
- Third is the dark Opal skylight diffuser, which is smooth in its appearance and is a solid white colour. This is the heaviest light detractor available.
The extra skylight diffuser options are the cheapest solution available, as extra diffusers only cost $50 and more than one can be installed until you reach your desired light.
2. Skylight blind option – This option is installed upon skylight installation and is contained
within the surround. It can be installed post install but it can take time, so
be aware. The blind is $375 + GST
3. Skylight shutters – The skylight shutter option must be installed at the time of the skylight installation. A shutter is placed inside the shaft of the skylight during installation. Shutters range from $300 for manual to $650 dollars for electric. Note that electric will require an electrician post our skylight installation to wire it up to your preferred switch. These shutters cannot be installed in roof cavities of less than 800mm. (Trim Deck & Clip Lock)